Hello to all and we hope that you are staying safe during this time. We would like to address the issue of sanitizing car interiors and what can be done for you from a detailer?s perspective. We have noticed that there is some false information going around social media in regard to sanitizing your interior. We would like to clear this up in a short but concise response. We feel that it is important for you to have factual information so that you are able to make an educated decision that is right for you and your loved ones.
Our Official Statement
- Any detailer you may go to CAN NOT guarantee you a 100% virus free interior. Any detailer making that claim to you is giving you misinformation.
- A detailer CAN NOT properly disinfect your interior without the proper biohazard training, and proper hazmat gear.
- If you choose to use a detailer to detail the inside of your vehicle (for the purpose of disinfection/sanitation), make sure they are following these steps. A: Are using CDC and EPA approved chemicals for disinfection/sanitation. B: These approved chemicals will not cause the detailer harm. C: Approved chemicals will not cause the vehicle harm. D: Are approved by you as the customer.
- If a detailer is claiming to use steam to “disinfect” your interior, please know that without the proper knowledge this will not be effective for your vehicle and will simply be a waste of money for you.
- Ask the detailer of your choice if they are speaking about bacteria or viruses. COVID-19 is a virus and needs to be treated as such.
Our promise to you as Nash Auto Detail, LLC.
We are detailers not a hazmat team. While it is important to keep a clean vehicle, especially during this time, we do not claim to be able to offer a 100% virus free vehicle as that is not feasible outside of a hazmat team’s response. During this time, we do feel that it is highly recommended that people clean things that they would normally not routinely clean, e.g. your vehicle’s interior. Please contact us to learn how we can help you during this time. Our goal is to help keep everyone as healthy as possible so if you show symptoms of COVID-19, or are feeling ill, please let us know in advance.
Zachary Colvin — Owner, Nash Auto Detail LLC.